Seat Cover Types
Seat Cover Installation Tips
For cars with adjustable headrests:
1a) Most vehicles will have removable headrests on the seat and can be easily removed for installation. If you are unsure how to remove your headrests, please ask your local dealership.
For all cars:
1. Start at the top pulling the seat cover over the shoulder of the seat. Smooth out the sides and backrest of the seat, making sure seat cover is centered on the seat.
2. Push center straps through space between backrest and seat cushion. At the same time reach around and pull straps through. This can be made easier by either kneeling on cushion or tilting seat backrest to increase the space.
3. From the back seat area, pull center straps and hook to the underside of the seat. This hook can be fastened to the springs or any metal edges, wire, etc. Do not hook to electrical wires or sliding track of seat.
When attaching strap, look for anchor spot then keep your head well out of the way when pulling and fastening straps; a sudden release of the strap can cause injury.
For two door models (where the seat moves forward to access the back) leave enough slack for the seat to move. If the straps are too tight, they will break when the seat is moved forward; purchaser assumes responsibility in this case.
4. Push side straps through center at each side of the seat. Pull down and back, hooking to the underside of the seat. Do not put straps in way of sliding track of the seat.
5. Pull seat cover forward and smooth out over seat cushions and sides. Pull straps at front and hook to underside of the seat.
Note: When hooking straps to underside of the seat, you may have better access by moving seat forward, back or up.
6. Sit in seat to make sure cover has assumed proper position on the seat.
For Cars with Adjustable Headrests:
7. With a sharp knife make a small cut to allow for re-installation of the headrest. This can be done from sitting in the back of the seat. Line up the knife with the headrest holes in the seat and then move the sheepskin away from the seat (by lifting up) when cutting holes. Make sure you cut through the sheepskin and lining.
8. Rear seats will have to be detached from vehicle before installation.